Link:INB Home|INB English| INB русский язык|INB العربية|INB Türkiye|INB فارسی|INB Español|INB Français|INB Português|INB Deutsch|INB 國語|INB 中文|INB 日本语|INB 한국어|INB ภาษาไทย|INB tiếng Việt||Falstaff Tapper 228 oz. Keg (w/cooler) - Great buy or junk?
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum

Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

《《《《《《《上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforum》》》》》》》View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Falstaff Tapper 228 oz. Keg (w/cooler) - Great buy or junk? Empty Falstaff Tapper 228 oz. Keg (w/cooler) - Great buy or junk? Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:33 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
This thing showed up on my local Craigslist and I could not pass it up:
Falstaff Tapper 228 oz. Keg (w/cooler) - Great buy or junk? DSCF17271

It's a 228 oz Reynolds aluminum "Tapper" keg with it's own little cooler. Branded for Falstaff.

It opens up so you can take the keg out.

Falstaff Tapper 228 oz. Keg (w/cooler) - Great buy or junk? DSCF1730

Obviously I want to adapt the keg for use as a homebrewing container. It's wonderfully portable and much easier than filling bottles out of the kegerator. Could also be a good way to do some cask conditioning and/or experimental partial batches. 

Online searches haven't turned up much info besides the fond memories that people have of the "Tapper" kegs. They were introduced in the early 60's and ended up being a money loser because people did not bring the kegs back. Apparently most people just kept the things in their fridge, but the specialized cooler would certainly have been a primo appliance for your dorm room or bachelor pad.

Here's what the non-tap end of the keg looks like:
Falstaff Tapper 228 oz. Keg (w/cooler) - Great buy or junk? DSCF1731

The white plastic piece (where it says don't tamper) is held in place by a metal ring, which in turn is held in a slot. The metal ring has a gap and you can push the ring further into the slot by enlarging the gap -- for example by putting a pair of needle nose pliers in there and opening them. If you do this, the ring no longer covers the edge of the white plastic. However, this does not in any way free up the white plastic piece, which is apparently attached to whatever is underneath it.

Unless anyone here has any ideas, I think i'm going to have to destroy the white plastic piece to see what's under there.

On Tap: Dunkelweizen, Strong Irish Red
On Deck: Agave Wit, DC's RyePA, Belgian Blonde
]

http://eng.inbforum.com

上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforumView previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright ©2009-2016 LTD Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

IT:SINGLESERVGoogle谷歌翻译TranslateFORUMSOFTLAYERGoogle谷歌广告联盟AdSenseAsia

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com