Link:INB Home|INB English| INB русский язык|INB العربية|INB Türkiye|INB فارسی|INB Español|INB Français|INB Português|INB Deutsch|INB 國語|INB 中文|INB 日本语|INB 한국어|INB ภาษาไทย|INB tiếng Việt||Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum

Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

《《《《《《《上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforum》》》》》》》View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Empty Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:23 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
by Holly Homer on March 13th, 2011 | No Comments »
One of the great things about teaching at home is that often I learn more than the kids do. This was one of those experiences. I read through the instructions of this science experiment and had my 5-year-old gather the needed materials. While he was counting out 100 pennies, I was thinking about how to photograph the steps. When I got to the last step, I thought to myself, "that will never work!"
Yes, I was sure I knew more than the scientists who put this together.
So, who was right?
Today's experiment is from Potato Chip Science by Allen Kurzweil...does Allen know a little more about buoyancy than me?
Science Experiment Using a Chip Bag
Materials

• 100 pennies
  • chip bag
  • bucket of water
  • lid that fits into chip bag and will keep it open

Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Chip-ship-sceince-experiment-materials
The instructions say you may use a single serving chip bag and a smaller lid, but this is what I found at my house. I was forced to eat the last few pita chips.
Instructions
1. Load the pennies into the empty chip bag "boat" making sure they are evenly distributed - if you are using a smaller bag, starting with 50 pennies might work better.
Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Chip-ship-science-experiment-pennies-in-bag
2. Gently lower your penny-laden "boat" into a bucket with at least 5 inches of water and watch what happens.
Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Chip-ship-science-experiment-sinks
3. If your "boat" sank, then take it out of the water and add the lid on top of the pennies so that it keeps the bag in an open position.
Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Chip-ship-science-experiment-with-lid-added
4. Gently set the "boat" on the water again.
Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Chip-ship-science-experiment-floats
Yep, the "boat" floats despite the 100 penny cargo!
Why does this happen? Positioning a lid on top of the pennies broadens the hull of your chip ship, which increases the volume inside the vessel and the amount of water displaced outside. The pennies at the bottom of the chip ship also serve as ballast--weight that improves stability. This is how a cargo ship filled with a very heavy load can stay afloat.
Oh, and I might mention that I was wrong...shhhhh!
Here are the full experiment instructions:
Publicity-Mad Science Club Experiments 3
Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Science-is-for-kids-150This is the third fun and easy science experiment that you can do with your kids at home.
The entire series was inspired by the people at Workman. They publish an array of crazy cool children's science resources. I have used several of them in homeschooling and when hosting homeschool co-op...it can make ya look really smart to the other homeschool moms.

Science Experiment for Kids: Chip Ship 3 One of the great things Holly-Homer-profile-pic-150sqHolly is a mad scientist at home. Pretty much everything she cooks in the kitchen turns out to be some sort of science experiment…and not in a good way. She is the stay at home mom of three boys. She is a Dallas Area Blogger who writes June Cleaver Nirvana and is the editor of She is Dallas. She can be found on Facebook and Twitter.
- See more at: http://momitforward.com/science-experiment-for-kids-chip-ship-3#sthash.f6lbQly0.dpuf]

http://eng.inbforum.com

上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforumView previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright ©2009-2016 LTD Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

IT:SINGLESERVGoogle谷歌翻译TranslateFORUMSOFTLAYERGoogle谷歌广告联盟AdSenseAsia

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com