Link:INB Home|INB English| INB русский язык|INB العربية|INB Türkiye|INB فارسی|INB Español|INB Français|INB Português|INB Deutsch|INB 國語|INB 中文|INB 日本语|INB 한국어|INB ภาษาไทย|INB tiếng Việt||Ethanol: Answer, or Question? If a fuel has a higher energy rating
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum

Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

《《《《《《《上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforum》》》》》》》View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ethanol: Answer, or Question? If a fuel has a higher energy rating Empty Ethanol: Answer, or Question? If a fuel has a higher energy rating Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:24 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Comparison of energy content (Btu) of ethanol with that of gasoline and diesel.

Purpose

If a fuel has a higher energy rating, the engine becomes more powerful and efficient. In this experiment, I wanted to know if ethanol had a higher Btu or energy content than gasoline and diesel today’s conventional fuels. If a fuel has a higher energy rating, the engine becomes more powerful and efficient.
Hypothesis

I hypothesized that ethanol would have the highest Btu, and that gasoline and diesel would have comparable Btu levels. I based my hypothesis on a recent study about ethanol in Race Cars where, Race Cars were 90% more powerful when running on ethanol, than gasoline.
Materials used
Ethanol: Answer, or Question? If a fuel has a higher energy rating Material_exp_2
Photo: Materials & Model used in Experiment 2.
(Photo taken by Aseem Sharma , March 2007)

14cm cotton wicks
3 aluminum bowls
Gasoline, diesel and E95
Steel rods
Matches
Candle
Measuring containers
Test tubes
Steel bowls
Instant read thermometer
16 ounces of water per trial

Variables

Independent variable: type of fuel
Dependent variable: Btu content
Constants: bowls, steel rods, amount of fuel, amount of water used, wick length
 Procedure

1. Cut cotton rope into 14cm pieces.

2. Place steel rods on top of aluminum bowl.

3. Fill steel bowl with 16 ounces of water, then set on top of rods.

4. Soak 14cm wick in 5ml of fuel in a test tube.

5. Take the initial temperature of the water.

6. Set soaked wick in aluminum bowl, then light on fire.

7. After the fire has died out take the after temperature of the water.

8. Find the difference between the initial and after temperatures of the water to calculate the Btu.

9. Conduct a total of six trials per fuel to produce accurate results.

]

http://eng.inbforum.com

上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforumView previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright ©2009-2016 LTD Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

IT:SINGLESERVGoogle谷歌翻译TranslateFORUMSOFTLAYERGoogle谷歌广告联盟AdSenseAsia

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com