Link:INB Home|INB English| INB русский язык|INB العربية|INB Türkiye|INB فارسی|INB Español|INB Français|INB Português|INB Deutsch|INB 國語|INB 中文|INB 日本语|INB 한국어|INB ภาษาไทย|INB tiếng Việt||[IR]ImageReady Tutorial GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum

Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

《《《《《《《上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforum》》》》》》》View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[IR]ImageReady Tutorial GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK Empty [IR]ImageReady Tutorial GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My grandfather's clock was too large for the shelf,
So it stood ninety years on the floor.
It was taller by half, than the old man himself,
Though it weighed not a pennyweight more.
It was bought on the morn
Of the day that he was born,
And was always his treasure and pride.
But it stopped short, never to go again,
When the old man died.

This tutorial was written some time ago and the links to the DecoDivider Font and the Fleuron Font as no longer active. I also had to find the PSP Tutorial as the link had changed - there you will also find the fonts needed.
I've always loved Grandfather clocks and when I saw a tutorial for PSP, I fell in love with it. Jo created it and I am converting it for Photo Impact with her permission. Thanks for your graciousness Jo!
There are lots of images in this tutorial so please be patient while it loads. To see images full-size, just click on the thumbnail.
You'll find the DecoDivider Font as well as the Fleuron Font here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Let's begin by first copying the image on the left to your hard drive.
Open Photo Impact and open a new file, white background, 500 x 500. I also found it extremely helpful for this tutorial to turn on both the Grid and the Ruler.
With the Path Drawing Tool, 3D, Circle, draw a circle approx. 250 x 250. Select Material from the Attributes Tool Bar then Color/Texture and click File, this will browse your hard drive and you can select where you saved the wood image on the left which is called walnut-ic.jpg
Having found it, select it, and your circle is now a walnut-covered one! Before you leave Materials Drop Down Panel, select ADD and this will save your circle in My Gallery so you will know later where to find it as we will make good use of it for this tutorial
Once you have saved your circle, you can delete it from the workspace.

Now the hard work begins. Although we don't have to cut the wood, we do have to shape it, so bear with me as the results are well worth it.
There are several small pieces to create so let's start with the moldings. For this, I used an oval, then shaped it like a toothpick, so it is about 325 long. I tend to create large then I can resize.
Draw an oval with the Path Drawing Tool, about 40 pixels across, then duplicate it two times and place them one under the other. I grouped them together then duplicated them three times. Click on the picture on the left to see it full size. When you have the dowels placed where you like them, we will then create the top and bottom pieces. It's a good idea to Group together pieces as we move along, which makes them easier to move around so let's group the entire dowelling now. Deselect.
Draw a small oval lengthwise then draw a circle and place it in the middle of the oval. Place this dowel on top of your finished one, then duplicate it and place it on the bottom. Now create a small rectangle to place at the top and bottom. Group them to the dowel as well. You will probably have to resize this quite a bit now. Mine is now 225. Group it all together then use the grid lines to make sure everything is lined up correctly before duplicating. Now we have our two end pieces.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Our next piece in the bottom of the clock. Draw a rectangle (your wood should still be the material selected) Use the Perspective Tool on the bottom of the rectangle to make it approximately this size. Now you need to use the Fleurons font, size 75, Grey, the letter Q. Convert it right away: Object/Convert Object Type/from text to path. In Easy Pallette, go to the end of Galleries (1st on left) and select your Wood Material Circle and the fleuron changes! Flip it vertical and then place it on the bottom center of the rectangle.
Now take a break and get up and stretch your legs a bit!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Move your pieces off to the side of the background so you have room to work. Create a rectangle (wood should still be selected) 150 wide by 300 high - reduce the border to 9. This is the back of the clock. Now we have to make it look as though there is an opening so to do this, I used the arch 3 shape. When you have it created, change it to 2D to flatten it and then convert it to an image and burn it anyway you wish - I burned it around the edges and down at the bottom.. Images on the left show before and after burn.
Next comes the bottom facing. I opened a new image to do this.
Create a 2D Rectangle and a 2D Arch 3 - center the arch in the rectangle as picture shows.
Now draw a white 2D circle and place it on the upper left side - duplicate the circle and place it on the right side.
Select the Fleuron, letter Q, white, size 100, 2D, and flip it vertical and place it in the top centre. Now, merge all! Select Edit/Trace/Trace Image; accept the settings. Change Horizontal Deform to 3D, Click on your Wood Material in Easy Pallette and then bring down the border to about 7. Way to go!!!
Move your bottom front image to your main images and set it in front. You will need to resize it with the Transform/Resize tool. It should look like this when you are finished.
Draw a rectangle, the same length as your dowelling and watch casing, 3D, and increase the border as far as you can, usually about 9.
Duplicate the rectangle and place one on each side of the casing. Place the dowelling beside the rectangle - duplicate it and paste on the other side. It's up to you but I added shadows on both the rectangles - for the left one, I used the first box, changing the the top 2 settings to 4, 4 and Soft Edge to 4. On the right rectangle, I selected the 2nd box, with the same settings.
Draw a rectangle to go across the bottom of the clock. Duplicate the rectangle and place it on the top of the casing.
Select Text, DecoDividers, select I, J, or K, or one you would like to use. I chose K, size 70, use the wood material and 3D and don't forget to change it from text to object Add two Fluerons, Q, size 70 and place them at each corner.

Now we need to make the clock face. I opened a new image and created a 3D circle, Gold5, Border 9. Then I created another smaller circle, only 2D, using Easy Pallette Material Gallery/Texture/Magic Pattern. Then with paintbrush set at 10, black, Select Effect/Paint On Edges. Group the two circles and Right-click/align/center both.
Using Times Roman as your font, and using Roman Numerals, Black, Size 30, place the XII, III, VI, and IX around the clock face. It's a good idea to make use of the gridlines plus the ruler to get them exact. Use the Transform Tool/Rotate 90 counter clockwise on the IX and 90 clockwise on the III.
Using Path Drawing Tool, Custom Shape, select Arrow 6, Gold5. It will look too large but we will resize it, making it longer and thinner. Then resize by placing the mouse on the corner and pulling up to the desired size. Place the clock hand on the face, duplicate and make the small clock hand using the resize tool again. Create a circle, 3D, Gold 5, Border 6, and place the circle over the hands.
Select the two hands, and all the numbers and Merge as a single object. Use Shadow, the same settings as before.
Group the entire clock face and drag it over to the clock. It is far too large so use the Transform/Resize until you think it fits nicely in the clock
Now for the pendulum!. (No pits here...I know..bad joke!) Draw a rectangle, 3D, Gold5 and put a circle at the end of it and flatten it somewhat. Group them together and put them on the clock...Resize until you are comfortable with it.
I discovered here, as I am creating this along with you, that the facing is too high so I will resize it since we want to show our pendulum. This means of course that I have to ungroup everything but, after doing so, I can just use the Easy Pallette and quickly select the facing. Resize it being careful not to change the shape of it. When you're done, you should regroup everything EXCEPT the pendulum.
Now, on to the animation!
If you wish to resize your image, now would be a good time to do so and also, let's trim it as there's a lot of blank space. I've resized mine, then I resized the pendulum and now deselect everything and Control-D, to create copies. We will make 3 - one with the pendulum down, one with the pendulum swinging left and one with the pendulum swinging right. At last, the finished clock!! Time to quit
but hope you've enjoyed this tutorial.
]

http://eng.inbforum.com

上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforumView previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright ©2009-2016 LTD Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

IT:SINGLESERVGoogle谷歌翻译TranslateFORUMSOFTLAYERGoogle谷歌广告联盟AdSenseAsia

Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com