Link:INB Home|INB English| INB русский язык|INB العربية|INB Türkiye|INB فارسی|INB Español|INB Français|INB Português|INB Deutsch|INB 國語|INB 中文|INB 日本语|INB 한국어|INB ภาษาไทย|INB tiếng Việt||ZBrush Tutorial Modeling of the Dinosaur 2/2
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum
Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, come and join us Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB English forum

Welcome to (Industry & Native boffin) The industrial age here is full of fighting spirit, you and I both through this network space with Native biological spirit boffin came to the mad labs. home INBforum.com, Permanent name: inb-english.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

《《《《《《《上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforum》》》》》》》View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ZBrush Tutorial Modeling of the Dinosaur 2/2 Empty ZBrush Tutorial Modeling of the Dinosaur 2/2 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:18 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
This is the image I have used for the background. I am addicted to mountain biking, pic taken by my friend with sony R1 during one of our rides. I loved the foggy after rain atmosphere, so I removed myself and made space for Dinosaur.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Took some photos containing fern out of my personal library ( I am addicted to photography as well). Later in process, I have “rotoscoped” ferns, so they fit nicely into final comp.

After exporting 5 different matCap material renders of Dinosaur to Photoshop, I started arranging blending effects throughout these five aligned images, until achieving desired look for further work.

To get the acceptable final output I just played with the blending modes. I don’t have any specific rules that I follow. You just play with it, changing them through layers and blending modes until you get what you want. So, tomorrow if I want to make another dinosaur, I guess I am going to use completely different pattern in blending order.

After having base done, I am duplicating this layer from which I paint spots and stripes on the animal to make it look more natural. I avoided the clean look because I wanted to make it look somewhat discreet, but at the same time vibrant.. Also, have learned from my pet, bearded dragon that some reptiles tend to change colors depending on how they feel (happy/angry) or the outside factor like health, humidity or cold. So, the fun factor was to imagine this dinosaur having number of color outfits.

google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);

This is the pow render, to clear how model looks from different angles.

For the final pose I have tilted the model slightly upwards, because that angle looked better then the plain one.

After removing myself out of the equation, the background was ready for adding the elements I’ve started with dinosaur, then two layers of fern reason I did two layers is, because later, I added layer of shadows and second layer of painted evaporations and fog.

So, now I sorted some things, it was time to immerse Carnotaurus into the woods. It meant, I need to find a way on how to make this dinosaur appear as if he really in that woods.

First, I took the background, duplicated it and then in blending mode chosen color burn mode. It made the forest much more… something.
That opened place for ever welcoming flare effect of sun rays cutting through woods and Carnotaurs head. I used gradient tool and after I just applied motion blur filter on it.
Somewhere along the way, I decided to flip the entire piece horizontally. In this point, things like fog, shadows and more blending in of the dinosaur were ahead.

google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
Here I added some fog to fern’s along with shadow. If you notice that dinosaur is now lighted properly. This is achieved again through blending modes. I duplicated dinosaur and turned in screen mode for the upper layer and then deleted with brush all logical places where I supposed that light shouldn’t be at.

Painting teeth’s and eye was easiest part.

Final moves were adding the feel of wet-skin and painting evaporations. The wet skin was done again by duplicating, major dinosaur layer and then subtle deleting of some parts and leaving some parts behind. Evaporation is paint job, took some time to get it properly done.

Hope you like this all work and learn something from my procedure. Thanks.

var addthis_pub="cgarena";

Rate this Tutorial
]

http://eng.inbforum.com

上一页INBforum   Go down

上一页INBforumView previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright ©2009-2016 LTD Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

IT:SINGLESERVGoogle谷歌翻译TranslateFORUMSOFTLAYERGoogle谷歌广告联盟AdSenseAsia

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com